Veteran health podcaster, blogger, international speaker, and bestselling author Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” hosts this podcast dedicated to featuring listener testimonials and stories about their journey using intermittent, alternate day, and extended fasting. Jimmy, along with noted Toronto-based nephrologist and fasting expert Dr. Jason Fung, is the coauthor of the 2016 international bestselling book The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting and has years of experience and knowledge about fasting to share in these engaging conversations with everyday people perfecting the fine art of not eating. Listen in today as Jimmy talks with Ben Morgan about how he uses fasting in his busy life and training in Episode 29.
“I almost always fast when I’m working 12 hour shifts as an ICU nurse. It’s easy to stay focused when you’re busy.” – Ben Morgan
Here’s what Jimmy and Ben talked about in Episode 29:
– Ben going Paleo 7 years ago
– Switching to lower carb over the last year or so
– Attempting to transition to a more keto approach
– Gauging success on how he feels and performs
– Started experimenting with fasting 6 months ago.
– Fasting 24 hours with no calories during work shifts (ICU nurse)
– Then going multiple days, like working for 2 days so going 48 hours.
– Nearly all of his training and Spartan races are fasted, some as long as 12 miles (2.5 hour race).
NOTICE OF DISCLOSURE: Paid sponsorship